Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Untitled

Hello everyone,
Usual weird stuff is no longer surprise in our life's. I had shared my concern about last MRI that took place on July 14. Many new concerns have been razed including Sammy's vision ,hearing and while we going crazy and huffing and puffing about scan ,Sammy is making further progress!
Have I gone mad? In the past few days he has been having difficulties falling to sleep at night,I have seen full smile on his face with appropriate mimic,have attempted to move his feet when asked to do it /when I hold him up/,have been saying MA , MAM-mostly when in bed and want my attention.It is very interesting how ,no matter what -this little guy is working hard to make improvement. He is my HERO! He is aware of the changes in his body and just takes day at the time. We are allot more careful when talking about his condition around him,he can hear us and might get sad. At this point we hope for a miracle to help Sammy find a way to get his condition reversed or stop on going progression from further damage. We are enjoying every day spent together making memories and trying to stay positive. He teaches us ,so much and we will never be the same. What ever it is future holds ,I'm trying to accept it and make a peace with it for my other kids sake. It's not easy to let your hopes and dreams go ,realizing that Sammy will never be the same again-of course we will love him the same or even more -in fact what was clear, that both Doctors mentioned on conference while reviewing Sammy's MRI, that we did everything possible-but why don't I have a feeling of satisfaction?
Another question that we all know answer too....
Sammy and Mom.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers every single day! Sammy know how lucky he is to have such amzazing parents like you and Alex. I hope you get the miracle that we have all been praying for and NEVER give up. Miracles happen everyday

all my love,

Anonymous said...

AMen! May Hashem heal him so that he can return to his full quality of life! chaim shmuel ben chana is in our prayers!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Dear Gelena, My name is Sandra Amster (I worked in the children's department at Neiman Marcus for many years) When I first met you, you, Sara, Elena and I were pregnant with our boys. I remember we were talking about how odd it was that all of us were having boys, and no one in the store was having a single girl. You made a comment that struck me at that moment: "In Russia there is a saying that when boy's births outnumber girl's is because a war is coming." I had never heard such thing. Needless to say, that came true when the planes hit the towers a year later. Sometimes soldiers don't need to leave their house to fight a war.

Anonymous said...

may chaim shmuel ben chana return to a good quality of life along with other sick people needing speedy recovery in the klal yisrael and the whole world! Amen!