Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's OK to Cry Sammy !

Hello friends,
Sammy is recovering after surgery. He was in pain and was crying /for the first time in several month we heard his voice/We were,so happy to hear him cry again- nurse thought that we must be 'nuts' -most parents are unhappy about that-I said 'you don't understand if he is crying he is alive!'
He is resting comfortably in his room now. We expected to stay for few days until he is stable to go home. We had an exceptional surgeon and great care ,so far. I'm back to my old routine next to Sammy's bed ,my ' bedside manners' may not be usual routine for most parents staying in the hospital. I was joking with nurse that I check medication administration and everything she will be doing ,so she should not take it personal -its just to be on the safe side.
Sammy had few visitors today including his Stem Cell doctor .I found my self saying 'Hi' left and right while walking through hallways of the hospital - realizing that sadly we are familiar with many staff members in Children's Memorial.
I hope tonight will go smoothly without 'surprises'-honestly I'm pretty exhausted from lock of sleep . We are not allowed to use cell phones on this floor of the hospital,so my only communication is through this blog,e-mail and text massages for the most part.

Have a good night ,Thank you for your countless phone calls and support.
XOXO Sammy and Mom

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

may hashem grant a speedy and complete recovery to chaim shmuel ben chana. May this step help sammy get more energy to get better

Anonymous said...

Rooting for Comrades Mommy, Daddy and Superboy Sammy!!

Anonymous said...

sweetest lullabyes and great bedtime stories, luv u sammy

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. May hashem grant speedy recovery for Sammy.

Anonymous said...

Cry all your pains away Sammy! We love you very much and think about you all the time!