Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day at the time

Hello everybody.We hope your long weekend is full of relaxing time with your family.
Sammy ,however have had another tough week. He seems not being able to keep much in his tummy.We started very careful routine with tube feedings. Feeling of fear ,my mind tells me Sammy is at very high risk of aspiration every time he is vomiting ,my heat is telling me it does not depend on us that much -every one of us has an 'expiration day' and no matter what you do it will come when its written ... Constant battle ...
I often think of our body and soul,how important it is to keep those comfortable with each other.But body is only your physical state -for me - soul , has much different meaning now.It goes beyond our understanding , we can only see and feel as much as our personal growth ,intuition will allow us to.I do believe Sammy is uncomfortable in his body now. His only shelter is us -his family ,that's what is keeping him here.We can't let him go,we will never be comfortable with the thought that he can leave us any day now.
Getting through a day is a great news,so let's take day at the time.We can only over come our challenges as they come-Day at the time. How about you ?
Sincerely Sammy and Mom

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all live one day at a time, and yet, we don't know or believe it. I think that you are right in believing in finding comfort and love for Sammy. It's everyone's goal to be loved and to be happy, regardless of the circumstances. Everyday, you are all in my heart and prayers. I pray for your strength, faith and family.

Vadim Muchnik said...

One day at a time sounds like a great idea, Lesha!

Anonymous said...

i am also praying for your strength and for complete and speedy recovery of chaim shmuel ben chana! may you go from strength to strength! a lot of people i know are praying for the same cause. May this comfort you in this difficult time!

Anonymous said...

Please don't give up, guys. You are a fighter Sammy!
I believe in miracles and I wish this child a faster recovery.
I pray for you.

Anonymous said...

Faith, hope and love - you are a shining example of all of these. Our prayers reach out to you and Sammy very day. God bless you.
XO