Monday, March 29, 2010

Grey world...

Hi Friends,

We just came back from NY.Praying makes sense.
Shortly after we came back Grandpa turned 75! We had Family over,but after they left .........
Lets just say we got another case of staph infection this time my husband Alex.Its not clear weather he got it from 3 weeks ago during Sammy's hospitalization or .....It does not matter now. Alex is in isolation in the hospital on I.V.s .
It feels like we have been seating on the box of explosives and never know when it will go off.
There is many mysteries to why all of this challenges came to our plate same time.like Eva said,
Mom we only get stronger , I remember at her age 13,everything was black and white for me too, later in life you realize that we leave in a grey world .
Ones again , I just feel numb .There is very little that surprises me this days .
Tomorrow Eva is leaving on her spring break she is leaving with her grandparents,Marina is back at collage ,Misha went back to NY today ,Alex is in he hospital. Its supper quite in the house ,I kind of enjoy being with Sammy alone ,he understands me and we are celebrating upcoming Passover alone.
There is many challenging days ahead I just ask Almighty to give us strength to overcome this time in our life's ,just like Passover story-difficult ,but is possible to survive.......



XOXO Sammy and Mom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that the streak of illness in your family is caused by the chronic stress your family has been under all this time. The immune system weakens when we are under constant stress, which makes us more vulnerable to infection (even the type organisms we can normally easily resist become a threat).
The big question is...how long can this go on...is Sammy's condition stable? progressive? is there any chance of improvement? If the answer is NO to the latter, then you need to think about YOUR own future and health and that of your family.
You have undoubtedly been strong, and have surpassed all expectations and time-lines predicted by doctors. However, if Sammy's condition is stable...what next? what are you fighting for?
Although it is known that the brain exhibits plasticity...especially in the young...certain functions can regenerate in other, unaffected parts of the brain. I think it is also dependent upon the extent of damage already present.
I dare not say that you should give up, no mother would, but I worry about the effect this is having on you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I have incredible respect for you, your family and your faith. When all else has seemed insurmountable, you have continued to pray and believe. We may never understand the plan, but I hope you can continue to draw strength from your faith in it. You all remain in my heart and prayers daily.