Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sammy ,where is my cereal?

Hello everybody,
Today in the morning before Rehab pickup I selected a 'Pops' cereal for Sammy. Alone with Sammy's breakfast I grabbed a bowl of 'Kashi' for my self. Sammy was not too enthusiastic about his cereal and refused to eat it. He reached out and tasted 'Kashi' -he kept going until it was all done. I said 'Oh ,No where is my cereal Sammy?! I had no chose but finish 'Pops' .Sammy thought it was ,so funny that we traded.
Tonight bath time was allot of fun.Sammy liked his bath toys and played with colorful moving animals.
Mom came across sealed Wi games that Sammy got for holidays before hospital ,he use to love playing .I asked Eva why doesn't she play Wi anymore,she said' You know Mom ,it's not the same without Sammy-I will wait for him' !
There she was,my dearest daughter that has allot to do with Sammy's survival,giving him part of her body ,I though she grew up rather quickly in the past 4 month. Mature for her 11 years old,she was able to recuperate after surgery ,catch up and soon will graduate 5Th grade.I'm very proud of all of my children for the strength and help during those long winter month in the hospital.My older daughter Marina use to drive for 3hr from her collage to see Sammy over weekends.I use to say I don't know many 19 y.o girls that don't want to go out,instead he spent countless hours in the hospital with us until it was time to go back to collage.My step-son Mihail lives in NY,no matter what ,he comes to Chicago as often ,as possible to see Sammy.

Just before hospital ,we had long booked winter break vacation . We didn't know if we should take it ,or not,but after reviewing Sammy's MRI,doctors said that 'You have nothing to loose,just go and make memories'. Sammy already have had balance problems and had trouble balancing in the sand,he loved beach,sun and water. We even saw sting ray in the water near shore.
When we was packing to go home,Sammy ask me if we ever come back?
I said that we most definitely comeback and he will get to see the ocean 'Gazillion' more times. He believed me and I intend to keep my premise in the future year,as long as Sammy is OK to fly , we will be going to Disney and after parks we will go to see the ocean.
Beat all the odds -miracle will happen and this is our focus!
Good night ,Sammy and Mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the hope!!! With Hashem's help, you will only have "Nahas" from Sammy and the rest of your family!!! I keep up with your blog faithfully, and your determination and strength is so uplifting for so many. Boruch Hashem for so many miracles!!!

Anonymous said...

Our Dear!We just back from over the sea,and every day we thougt about your family,children and grandparents.Since we back,we are catching up on you blogs,Lenochka,its a part of our life now too....Bella delegated all her conversation with you,Lenochka.We are glad that Sammy is OK,with G-d help,slowly but shurly.You and Alex are in a Good Spirit!Keep goin,guys,you are Parents!And we will pray with you. every day.We love you,Alex Irina,boys and Bella.

Anonymous said...

keep it up! may hashem speed up the recovery. you are very inspiring. i truly look forward to reading your blogs