Saturday, November 7, 2009

seeds of hope

Hi Friends,
What a week. One of the most challenging weeks .
There is so much going on .The good news is that Sammy is OK. Just when I thought we finally settled with our schedule and help wile I work ,we lost our coverage for nursing. Ones again like a bull on the red I had to make a plan. Contacting new and old sources I planted seeds of hope and in the next few weeks we should see what plant will start growing.
What amazes me the most is that' system' is failing time after time one of the most vulnerable group of patience -terminally ill kids. You would think it should be easy to get help for Sammy ? The main problem is that program pays nurses 33% less in Lake county VS Cook!After getting a denial for equal pay increase we are moving on to higher sources, nerveless I could not understand why if we live 3 mi south we would be covered with nursing assistance without a problem.
What's now? do we have to move? No one wants to take pay cut ,but we do live in Lake county and can't move do to the fact that it will be very bad for Sammy .
Ones again -there is NO situation without resolution.We'll continue fighting for Sammy for my ability to work . This are most natural rights that most of us had before and now have to fight for.
Just imagine one morning you wake up ,you are faced with real question who will take care of Sammy with all medical complications and countless drugs he must take during course of the day?Medical staff is the only qualify help Sammy can have.
Many questions not much answers,that is what parents are for to fight for their children well being no matter in what condition they are.
Sammy and MOM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

May hashem give you much courage, strength and wisdom in this complicated matter! may hashem heal Chaim Shmuel ben Chana completely and speedily!

Anonymous said...

You are right that the system does not take into consideration the needs of people with disabilities and serious illnesses. The least expensive alternative can have the most expensive consequences.
Although I don't have answers, I will continue to keep you, Sammy and your family in my heart and prayers.

Anonymous said...

You are right that the system does not take into consideration the needs of people with disabilities and serious illnesses. The least expensive alternative can have the most expensive consequences.
Although I don't have answers, I will continue to keep you, Sammy and your family in my heart and prayers.