Saturday, August 23, 2008

From strength to strength

Hello everyone,
Sammy spent whole Summer in rehab and now we are ready to move on to the next step-school.
On Tuesday and Wednesday ,mom will visit Sammy's school to help out for the first couple of days of course part of each school day will be spent for rehabilitation.
It has been very interesting few days. Sammy has been on his gym mat and moving around . If you reach out he will use your hands and pull to get up. Today when ask he took few active steps. He has to straighten his feet first and this task is new for him as well as learning how to use his legs .
We will continue to go from strength to strength until Sammy is 100% recovered.
When I think about Sammy's road to recovery I feel that he needs not only human strength.
It will take every visible ,invisible and natural force.Literally just like you would read in Greek mythology. G-d help,water,stars,sun,moon,positive energy,wind blowing to the right direction and many prayers.It fells like the whole universe has to help to create right atmosphere for Sammy's complete -miracle recovery.I believe in our success,I can see Sammy walking,running again.
I was in deep thoughts again thinking about my mothers paternal grandfather.Just recently my sister found more information about him. He was a great speaker and leader in forbidden circles back in 1900. He was Rebe that -had to run from Zhar and police who forbidden him to teach,study or have anything to do with Torah. His last name was Leibovich,but his nick name was-Skorohod witch means -'fast walker' in Russian. He was a fearless leader -very stubborn and man of his word.He managed to hide for many years from police for his religious believes and was never found until his natural death .I often wonder who have I inherited my stubborn strike from?! After my older sister was born , 6 years later my mother give birth to another girl-who only lived for few hours. After 9 month I was born. Was there a 'Special' meaning behind?
My mother did not plan to have any more children after my birth.
Did I have to be stronger than others ?- to be strong when learning and handling my family 'Secret' -that Mom's side was caring mutated gene and passing it along from generation to generation until Sammy was born? The buck stops here! No more bad gene for my family!As per Sammy and many other kids, lets hope Stem Cell research and testing is approved and allowed in the near future. What a ride. Do you have you seat belts on?
Good night ,Sammy and Mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have a rich ancestry! be proud of where you come from, and may your grandfather on high pray for sammy's complete and speedy recovery. continue to write, i look forward to your inspiring words.