Sunday, March 8, 2009

No whining...

Hello friends,
Its Sunday and we still in Children's.
Weather outside is a perfect reflection of my mood.Its rainy,foggy and depressing outside.
Sammy is doing fairly well.Slowly he starting to show more awareness and making sounds.
He is so brave and strong -he is our role model! We are learning from him how to be courageous and not give up. How is it possible that such a small child can have so much to offer? How is it possible that many people live their full life time unknown and really don't bring much to the table and on the other hand Sammy only 8 years old can effect ,so many people in such positive loving way?
This is experience that change peoples life's ,I know my family,friends are deeply effected by this fight.
That is why ,I cant tolerate whining! People that are annoyed by little unimportant thing.Like their coffee is not right,or their nail is broken....
There is no time for it -use your life wisely ! There is ,so much to do and every little positive thing you do matters!
When we got here ,I underestimated how long we will be here .Since I stay with Sammy in the hospital 24/7 ,I did not take some toiletries from home wishfully thinking that we will be home with in a day. I learned that no one had shampoo or conditioner here there was other things like toothpaste ,brush.
Next day we ordered packets with shampoo and conditioner. With other people in mind , for parents just like me - who get stock in the hospital and can't leave their kids .
This is another small token of positive deed that was done in Sammy's name.
When is the last time you have done something for someone without expecting a favor back?
Do you reach out to others or prefer to stand a side and watch?
XOXO Sammy and Comrade Mom

2 comments:

phyllis needlman said...

I hope this reaches you..I want to come and help
Using my labor in your home..I replied to your
posting. Phyllis Needlmam I can clean and fill your
freezer with meals. 312-642-7921.

Anonymous said...

you are absolutely right. Sammy is effecting these around him in a very positive way! May we all continue to learn and may G-D heal Chaim Shmuel ben Chana speedily and completely!