Thursday, February 11, 2010

105.0

Hi All,
I'm writing from Children's Memorial Intensive Care unit.
Unfortunately Sammy was admitted today after getting stable in Highland Park Hospital.
At 4 am this morning he had 105.0 fever. Now we know that he is being treated for ammonia.
Scary. Sammy can get worst in few hours from perfectly normal condition.You just never know.
We have seen few doctors from Stem Cell team and will see many more.
Isolated room in respiratory section of intensive care is the safest way to treat Sammy.
Oxygen mask is helping Sammy breath better.I'm watching every move people make in his room,making sure that we all take extra care .Just like old times.I realize that I'm not the easiest parent ,but I'm his only advocate .
Keeping my head high I'm optimistic that we will be home in just few days all recovered.
The day is still young,so we will see how Sammy is progressing .
I'm scheduled to work tomorrow ,so most likely Dad and Grandma will take my place until after work night shift.
Sincerely Sammy and Mom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for updating the status. May G-d help you and grant a speedy and complete recovery to Chaim Shmuel ben Chana!

Anonymous said...

He will be better just keep yourslef optimistic, love.