Saturday, March 8, 2008

My diary now -book later?

Hello fans , did you change time on every watch and clock you own today? I forgot!
I feel like sharing somethings that was on my mind .Believe it or not this is the first time I see gray color walls every ware in Pediatric section of the hospital! It's very depressing . Usually you walk in and See bright cheerful,vibrant colors or Disney characters or some other drawings but not here. The only room that has color is large visitors-play-dinning room.I invite Sammy to 'Go out ' to eat his food there,he gets very exited.
I do most of the things to take care of Sammy . Sometimes day goes by and you will see that ONE nurse only 1 time-somewhere in the morning between giving you attitude ,delivering medications and disconnecting Sam's overnight IV -just like this morning.As a rule it usually that one person over and over again. I'm glad that everything is going well and Sammy doesn't need as much medical attention as before.
I keep diary of ALL that's going on every day.It helps me keep his medications ,dates,specifics in line .His diet,water intake and some other important facts. Also it helps me keep up with his progress .I can always look and see how much he improved from another day.Sammy is in desperate need of therapy and this is the best place for it -that's why we are here!
I don't ever want to be caught off guard or be dependent on someone other than myself or my family.It always worries me ,that I missed something and this little person cant advocate for himself -mom has to protect her child that's why I'm here!
Sammy is relaxing today .He had a Special guest-his teacher and friend Mrs Lori J. They had fun,read some books and talked .Sammy relaxed most of the day . We have many appointments planed for tomorrow .
Have a great Sunday stay well , enjoy your family. Sincerely ,Sammy Z and Mom.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish you all the best. you are doing great. my son wishes you to get better soon. my daugther wishes you also to have a speedy recovery. its a month of Adar and we should have many good news to report

Vadim Muchnik said...

Sammy I am going to Orlando for a conference for couple days. Ill make sure to tell Mickey that you ll be visiting soon. He will be very excited to know that!

Vadim

Anonymous said...

Dear Sammy,
I am so proud of your progress! You smacked your lips to tell us you were hungry, sat at the table in your special wheelchair, picked up your snack and put it to your mouth to eat it. This is a big difference since I saw you at Children's Memorial. I like your room lots better too. Now your mom has a nice hospital bed to sleep in instead of a chair. Your mom is very special and keeps good watch over you. Each day she is very busy keeping track of your medications, bathing you and working with you for therapy. How very lucky you are! Keep up the good work tough guy. My prayers and thoughts are with you every day.
Lots of love,
Mrs. Jacobson

Anonymous said...

Hey I love you very much, Sammy!!! You are doing great and I very, very proud of you and I am praying for you
at least 2 or 3 times a day!!! I love you and mommy very, very much!!! Mommy you are doing very well and I am proud of you and Sammy!!!

Hashem is here for Sammy!!

Anonymous said...

S^uperhero
.
A^mazing surivivor
.
M^emoriful
.
M^aking happiness
.
Y^ou are everyone's hero
.

Anonymous said...

Love is a fantasy
Dream is a thought
Survival is hope

But to make everything happen is to pray, and to believe!

Anonymous said...

Baruch Hashem, Thank G-D. Sammy is really doing so well!
What a good idea to publish this into a book, It would be great even for those not in this situation. You are so inspiring and personally, you helped me so much to reach greater heights in Judiasim! I really must thank you for that.