Sunday, March 16, 2008

Zebra stripes....

Hello friends,
I was just comparing our road to recovery to Zebra stripes . Why Zebra you will ask? Our days away from home seems to be good and bad,just like Zebra stripes black and white. We have this perfect day and your wings of hope spread out wide and you know that everything is going to be OK. But there is not so exiting days like today and whole world crashes down on you shoulders. Sammy has been having problems with blood in his urine in the past .After two different antibiotics we thought it went away,but last night and today all day we have seen traces of blood in his urine again. I hope it's just a urinary tract infection ... He is and going to be on many serious medications for many month and years,some of those can cause kidney problems as well as chemotherapy . I feel that another sleepless night ahead of me today , just watch him sleep and pray .
Sammy on the other hand still showing improvement. He has been using his hands and fingers more. I give him bowl of 'lucky charms' cereal and he managed to pick out all colorful marshmallows. He's attention is more focused,he even watched kids music clip today. Everything is a hard work for Sammy even eating. His energy level is very low. He needs a break after each task .I know we must be patient it will take a while.
I just like to lift that curtain of his future and see him being active and go to school again.
But no one knows what our future holds ,my only hope that our zebra stripes keep going and going and going... Sincerely Sammy and Mom.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

some days are hard and some days are easy. but hashem is with you, you are not alone and thats very powerful. no one knows what the future holds but if we bring hashem into our struggles then it makes it easier because then we can lift of the weight off our shoulders and give it to hashem. we are all praying for sammy's success. you are not alone. may hashem speed up the recovery

Anonymous said...

"There can be no victories without battle, no peaks without valleys and no roses without thorns.”

Anonymous said...

Go for it Sam, you can do it! We are cheering for you

Anonymous said...

A story from chicken soup for the neshama:
Once a man dreamed that he was walking along the beach with G-d. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to G-d.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that along the path of his life, there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the lowest and saddest times.

This bothered him and he questioned G-d about it. “G-d, you said that once I decided to follow You, You’d walk with me all the way. But I see that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. How could You leave me when I needed You most?”

G-d replied, “My precious, precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering I was carrying you.”

Anonymous said...

We are all praying for you!!!! You will make it!!!