Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Drop in the bucket...

I'm sitting in my family room.I don't need TV .I just enjoy piece and quite. I know this on my left hand some dark spots-it looks irritated my skin couldn't handle it,it's like splatter of burn spots.This was some of Sammy's medications accidentally spilled on my hand from this morning - that he still takes internally 2 times a day to suppress his immune system! It blows my mind what this Dearest Child has been through!
Sammy is all smiles.Every day he wake's up with smile on his face. He is very kind boy.He always have been gentle and considerate of others and now it's no different.I'm sure that his bones ache allot ,but he doesn't ever show it. Only when he is uncomfortable at night and would like to change sides I will hear his voice and even then it's not demanding -it's more like 'Can you please?'. I love coming to his 'rescue' and he knows my foot steps.Even know he does not speak yet Sammy needs to hear my encouragement ,that he is loved .He know his surroundings and reacts to situations appropriately every time. It is very interesting process .Sammy is recovering at slow speed .It's like a drop in the bucket you can't quite tell it's there,but after few days you see it more and more. I have always been not patient-all my life.It's like a joke,I had to learn complete opposite behavior that I was ,not use to.
I guess every one is faced with challenges in their life -the only question is -How do you deal with it! What kind of choices you make? Are you strong enough to handle it?!How do you impact your loved ones? Are you aware of other's or you are handling it alone? Do we interpret G-D test and signs the right way?! Can you go through difficult time's in your life with positive attitude or you are angry ? Are you able to feel pain of another human being like your own?
Its not easy to find answers to this questions ,but I must search.This is part of my experience.
I wish everybody a great,peaceful night . Sincerely Sammy and Mom.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chana, your blog has become part of my morning routine, following some prayers and coffee, i read chana's column and it becomes my thought for the day often sharing it with others. what a learning experience, food for thought, daily nourishment for the soul.

Anonymous said...

Amen to the above.

Anonymous said...

may you continue to have a lot of strength and encouragement. may hashem speed up the recovery and may hashem make it a complete recovery for chaim shmuel and the whole family

Anonymous said...

a drop in the bucket might be small to see on daily basis but you can see more after a longer interval of time. one step at a time is just one step yet its a step further from yesturday.

please see this link. http://www.aish.com/spirituality/LoriAlmostLive/How_Aish_Got_Its_Name1.asp

Anonymous said...

http://www.aish.com/spirituality/LoriAlmostLive/How_Aish_Got_Its_Name1.asp
try this

Anonymous said...

http://www.aish.com/spirituality/LoriAlmostLive/How_
Aish_Got_Its_Name1.asp