Thursday, May 29, 2008

On float

Hello friends.Tonight I like to mention your feed backs on my blog.I like to thank each and every one of you for your encouragement and warm words -Thank you. I feel this blog helps me stay on float.Sharing my thought and feelings with people that care about Sammy and family has been a pleasure.Few days ago we received a phone call from a parent who's child is not well.
I thought that maybe I can help,in the near future if any more people like to meet for a simple discussion,suggestion or support just for Coffee in the Borders or something like that. I'm thankful to G-D for my strength ,but most people go though denial ,blame and sometimes will destroy their marriage and friendships along away.I might be a good source of 'outside' point of view and sometimes it helps ,because I don't know this people personally or their surroundings .It's just a thought.
In the mean time Sammy had not such a 'Hot' day today.He was extra-tired .I feel that Sammy have good and very good days- today was just a good day. What really gets me in this situation that there is no facility for outpatient therapy that are specializing in pediatric rehab!Our physical therapist refused to work with him today .She wanted to walk with him ,but he was not up to it! What about other exercises? I wish we had more trained pediatrics therapist that would not give up because of one day.
Most of this places have no equipment for kids of different sizes,nor they are prepared for it.
My question is why?Why do we have severe medical treatment that takes child's abilities to function for many month and no outpatient rehab facility that specializes in outpatient recovery
for kids? We might have to explore other possibilities in the near future.
Have a good night and G-D Bless you and your family.XOXO Sammy and Mom

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Zeltser family just to let you know there is a pediatric physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy all in one facility in Glenview, IL called Pathways Center. Hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

may hashem give you strenght and courage and a clear direction. amen!

Anonymous said...

We have a list of private pediatric therapists in the N. suburban area through NSSED. I will send it to you. Many families use Pathways and Arlington Pediatrics. You may want to interview both situations.
Mary Bacci

Anonymous said...

Lenochka, I commend you on your strength and determination. You're an inspiration to many! May G-d give you strength and health to go through this ordeal. May G-d give Sammy strength to heal faster and stay healthy!!