Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Life long commitment...

Hello fans.
New experiences,new meanings,new understanding . Our visit was great.Every time we go to NY our ritual is always the same,but it never feels like it.This time it took me very long time to go though my note.Every time we both add more people and important events we like to see happening -never revealing to each other what we ask for.You would think that we have only one wish?! Of course Sammy's full and speedy recovery is our priority ,but there is much more to it. We care very deeply about other people and like to see them happy ,we like to see far beyond our family trouble and in the process of fighting for our Dear Sons life find ways to reach out to others .Everybody have challenges in their life's and other people troubles are not any less important to us.While praying I found new meaning and interpretation to previously unanswered questions in my life. We where happy to see and spent time with Mr and Mrs Chesky Rothman /Miri Notick with her husband/ and our other friends that we have not seeing since last fall . I have changed allot since Sammy's illness. More and more I find my self in deep thought and often questioning -Why was I blind and deaf before? Why couldn't I listen ? Is it just self centered me before?Or lock of knowledge ? Does this come with experience,midlife desperate search for answers or sudden turn in your own life?!
In my opinion -you change with time.Allot has to do with your surroundings ,but most of all -we make our own character! We are the builders of our own soles we are the only people that can change our self's!For me it was ,standing back and looking at my self from the side. As long as I remember my self I had to work hard to change my ways of thinking. And many years later I realized that I will never be done- improving my self is my life long commitment and leaving enough room to learn more will never be a problem. It all goes back to your childhood.If you have nurturing and loving parents who give you unconditional love, support every step out of the way -you are a very lucky person.In some cases , parents don't know how to love their kids and as a result that child has to wonder and try to figure things out on their own -though out their whole life.Leaving this questions open, I will move on to what was going on with our boy in the past few days.
Sammy has been little bit more alert.He was trying to figure out how to move his wheelchair wheels on his own. He has been tasting his wheelchair breaks lately by trying to use them while taking a stroll outside.His curiosity is coming back little by little.Sammy seems to recognize his name when written clearly.Today he said-Okay! to a question 'How are you Sammy?'.
That is all for now ,Goodnight. Sammy and Mom.

No comments: