Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Let's tango!

Hello everybody. Another sunny day.
Have I ever mentioned that the view from our hospital room window is breath taking.I see lake Michigan every day.I'm able just for a few minutes a day take my mind off our life challenges.
Sammy on the other hand having new sessions on tech floor of the building. This are highly trained professionals that is assessing Sammy's ability's to communicate .Many options will be considered.From pointing to pictures to using special computer programs.It is amazing how many options there is to communicate in case someone is unable to speak.We have to explore all possibility's take all the steps to make communication easy.I don't ever want to look back and say that some opportunity was missed.
Have I ever told you that we tango?
Every time I have to transfer Sammy from bed to his wheelchair and back I stand him on his feet w/support. I put his arm around my fading waist and take another hand .I tell him that we tango-while I shift his body weight from one side to another. What is the benefits of this exercise? First I help him feel his weight standing tall,second I get a nice hug,third he likes doing it.Sammy laughs and after I sit him on the edge of the bed ,so he can try to sit up all by him self. We do this few times a day and as son as I say 'Let's tango ' he knows what comes after.
Have a nice evening ,XOXO Sammy and Mom.

No comments: