Thursday, April 10, 2008

Up close and personal

Hello Fans. No changes just another silly story.

Since young age Sammy has always been affectionate .He loved giving hugs and kisses . When he started first grade I was afraid that we will be to shy ,but he didn't care if anyone will called him-' mama's boy.'
I missed that. Sammy forgot how to hug . I decided to teach him. First couple of days I just held him tight for few seconds -he did not push me away.It's seems that he was listening to my heart beat?! Is it possible ?
Then I started to look in his eyes while another arm was wrapped around him-he didn't mined.
Now when I say 'Sammy give me a hug' -he knows that I will put his hands on my shoulders and give him a gentle squeeze -he just laughs and is good enough for me.I hope one day -he can do it all by him self again.I often wonder -'How much does he remember from his life before transplant? His room? Schoolmates? Friends? Favorite game?
Tomorrow will be another day hopefully full of great news but today, we just relaxing and taken it easy .


Sincerely Sammy and Mom

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every day is a blessing and a mystery. I read the blog with amazement at Sammy's recovery and your strength. Each step is a step forward against a disease that has mystified the experts. I continue to keep you in my heart and prayers, and to believe in Sammy's strength and potential. He has already beaten so many odds that we can only believe that
Sammy will succeed and that he will pass on blessings to others. We don't know the "why", we only take each day for the mystery it is. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.
Mary

Anonymous said...

Lesha,
Taking it easy is good.
May Sammy regain his strength and it is ok if he makes "new" memories. He has as loving family friends as he had before transplant......

Baby steps, indeed.

Anonymous said...

may he continue from strength to strength with hashem's help. may we only share good news.