Monday, April 7, 2008

Research today-cure tomorrow..

Hello fans. I hope everybody enjoyed warm couple of days.It feels like Spring again.
Some of you are curious how do I pick a topic of my blogs. Honestly just like everyone of you ,as soon as I open my eyes in the morning my thought are going crazy.It seem like the are trying to race each other and which ever stays with me the longest and makes me think harder -will get published. Today my subject is - research. Thinking about how many rare disorders out there and in order to help people in the future- someone has to enter in to trials and be part of research projects.If not us than who?Have you ever ask your self a question-How far ahead medicine is today from previous year or 5 years ?-many procedures and medications was not available before and because of resent study became available now. Each time study is completed there will be new information shared with other medical teams that are working in the same field it becomes a database for the future. Because 'database' was available to us through Internet we where able to- analyze and view many researched cases of Sammy's illness in details and make decision if we will subject Sammy to transplant.That's why we had no problem being part of new study.Since in Sammy's case there is no known medications available now,we hope for more and more research come forward in the near future.
As per our Sammy-boy..When I came back to the hospital from home,grandma said that it's apparent now that Sammy missed you. He was sad all day yesterday and when he saw you this morning - he started to laugh and his face expression said-Finally she is here!. I made some of Sammy's favorite dishes and let him pick.He picked 'Rice and Ronni' .He like it so much that after plate was empty he started to deep on tho his bib-pocket were extra food that falls from his mouth lands.We have a new night lamp now.Since room is dark at night and regular lite is to disturbing -I found lamp that has constant movement of colorful fishes swimming around,just like real aquarium.Sammy watched them swim and fall to sleep faster.
That is all for today my friends .Have an opinion or wishes? Please live your comment for us.
Thank you Sammy and Mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello dear,
yes, we are lucky to have internet as a source of information, including medical information and research results. And it is also so great that you're such a smart women, that not only can find that information, but also analyze it to your and Sammy's advantage. If you continue to ask doctors about new researches and alternative treatments, I'm sure they will share this information with you also. I know we all want to trust doctors, but what you do is realy smart. Keep yourself informed and be empowered to make choices, and if I hear anything new - I will share with you.
LOVE,
Ira Z.

Anonymous said...

we wish you a complete and speedy recovery. please keep us updated of his condition.