Saturday, April 5, 2008

True Friends?

Hello everybody.
Today's blog will reveal some of my feelings toward friendship issues. I have thought about this every day -since first day in the hospital. It has been several weeks and month since me and my husband heard from some 'Friends' .You really never know -how true they are?- until some challenge or difficulty in your life arises. We waited all this time to get at least a phone call from some people we knew - who was 'friends' with us for many years before.It,so true that some people don't know what too say or how to act around us.Every one of those people know my cell number-it's still the same. We have given plenty of time ,benefit of a doubt and now after this many month in the hospital - I can tell you-they simply don't care! They want nothing to do with us.Is it denial? Is it just blindness?Or insensitivity?I think it's all of the above! To me it's a very hard to understand position.Closing your eyes and heart on a little boy that ,was part of every gathering and B-day party of you kids ?! I will finish this subject that was bothering me for many weeks on a lighter note. We let those people go by who they really are ! We wish them all the best! But what we gained is true picture 'Who is Who' and countless new supporters that are with us every day now.
On the other hand - some other old friends that have been BIG PART OF OUR LIVES-became like brothers and sisters to me . This are incredible people - who we love! Always there for us every step out of our way ,ready to come to our rescue at any moment -24/7 ,constantly looking for more ways to improve our life and literally getting involved and realizing from the beginning that we can't do it alone .We welcome,so many New family's that reached out to us ! They did not know us before and became great supporters for Sammy and family .They comfort us when we are down,they cheer for us when we make a progress -this are the people that will always find support in me and my husband at any time and ANY point of their life's. That's it for now.
I'm glad I was able to get this 'cat out of the bag'! And I thank you for reading this Blog ! Please let me know what your thoughts are? Do I have a right to judge?
Truly yours Sammy and Mom.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

its good to know who is who, but still we cant know of whats going on in other peoples lives. we can only see it on the outside and that is why its hard to judge. also some people do not feel comfortoble in a position of a comforter and do not know what to say. therefore instead of just calling and saying something, they just stay away and deny the whole situation. its good that your are strong and focused. may hashem continue to give you strength and comfort. we are continuing to pray for chaim shmuel and always update others who are davening/praying on his bahalf regarding any progress or update. this week is a new month-nissan, which stands for miracles. may hashem help us to experience miracles in a revealed way.

Anonymous said...

friends come and go, but hashem is always with us. may be thats the lesson

Anonymous said...

Alenochka, friends are for you to have fun most of the time, not everybody can express and support when needed. Some can't even be happy for you and that's bothering too, but what I've learned... accept them the way they are, don't wait for them to do something, even if you really want it... you and family are the real guards of your and your kids life, God Bless your family!

Anonymous said...

I know you and I've been praying for you from day 1 I've found out. I couldn't sleep as I was thinking of you, I read your postings every day. We've known each other for a while, but weren't realy 'big boddies' as life was on... I know U as a smart and very protective mother, keep doing what u are suppose to do and God will 'pay back', don't try to think much 'WHY' and accept life the way it goes. Life is giving us lots of different signs sometimes it's good and we enjoy it...sometimes THAT bad as we can't even thinking of accepting it, but u are strong and you can handle it as u keep being who u are. Life is too short to judge, don't try to figure it out.. keep living, loving and caring and u will find that it was worth it later. Your art is to forgive and theirs to regret later... Remember Mexico, Cazumel back in sometime 96? Remember me asking how do you handle 3 kids eventhout I haven't seen Sammy and your answer was 'Owesome experience', you are a hero in my eyes.. to maintain that hard stage in your family life now, but try to pick just positive out of it and you ALL be fine,
Sincerely your old friend... take care

Anonymous said...

stay srong. hashem will help!