Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Garden of memories..

Hello again.
Sammy had a busy day .He started to make more sounds-sometimes its couple of sounds together. He even mumbles when no one is encouraging him. It's a good sign. He enjoyed his shower at the end of the day . In music therapy he was interacting more than before -times completing end of the sentences. Sammy tasted a pineapple first time ,at first he made sour face and then ate slim slices. As per mom nostalgic mood ,I can share some of my memories.
This time it took me way back when I was 5-6 years of age,at my grandmother's garden.She was very special nurturing women,she give me warmth and unconditional love.It brings memories of the old house,unfriendly large dog that was trying ti bite me many times before,wedding picture on the wall and only picture of my grandfather that I never met.Grandma Hinya end up raising 4 children by her self.After my grandpa was killed at the World War Two in 1943,taking his fathers responsibility and role-my Dad then 13 year old,left school and started to work to support his sisters and mom.I loved coming to see my granny,she was always after me trying to feed me 'something',telling me survival stories about war , family hardship and hungry days.I had my special place to hide.
Very large apple tree was my shelter.No one else could climb up as high as I could,not even Daddy's longest ladder could reach me. Sometimes I feel that present' life strokes'-my experience with Sammy's illness takes me back to that apple tree.Where I have learned my first life lesson-that what looks good it's just a cover-what's more important - is what in side!
When picking large ,beautiful apple-it smells good,it looks delicious,but you can never predict if there is a worm inside-until you take a bite!
At this point ,my friends, I will do everything in my power to ensure that-in our garden all apples are warm-free.
Sincerely Sammy and Mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

with the new wave of spring, i somehow missed precious moments with sammy on the blog. don;t know how to thank u for your attention to keep us updated and to share your thoughts and feelings. you r and e-teacher, online mentor, giving us lots of food for thought, vitamins for the soul. direction and goals. u see beauty everday at every day, u see meaning
depth,and wonder at g-d's world. you feel the hand of g-d. surely, he holds your hand,thru this whole ordeal, pats u on the back and has great rewards in store for taking this very unusual challenge and against all odds u have searched deep within and found the strength to inspire family and community.indeed chana u r turning darkness into light, despair into hope, surrender into victory, vulnerability into power. u see the world and everything in it with a different lense. may we all learn to do the same. may your garden be filled with beautiful blossoms,the talmud compares man to a tree, hopefully with strong roots nurtured properly. "those who sow in tears, will reap in joy"

Anonymous said...

i second the above comments. keep it up!

Anonymous said...

You are our heroes, guys! I read your blogs every day. I'm so proud of you, Lenochka, that you can sacrifice so much for the sake of her child's health. You are doing a great job, so keep doing what you're doing. Your family is amazing and we know that a lot of support comes from Alex, your kids, and relatives. Stay strong and optimistic, and only good things will come to your family from now on. We are so pleased to hear that Sammy is making great progress. If there is anything anyone of us can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask. We are your friends and will always be here for you! Your family is in our hearts and prayers! God bless you all!
Your old neighbors
Irene and my kids